Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

I love pumpkin anytime of the year. Over the next couple of days I am going to post some yummy pumkpin receipes. Note - they are not that heathy.

This past weekend I made these yuumy and super moist pumpkin muffins, I didn't even realize that they were vegan until I got to the end I was wondering about the eggs. I went back to the receipe and then realized it was vegan.

Pumpkin Muffins:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar (or white sugar plus 1 tablespoon molasses)
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups pureed pumpkin or squash (I used 2 cans of pumpkin instead of measuring out 2 cups)
1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg (I also added cloves and all spice)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin tin. (This recipe makes 12 muffins.) Cream together margarine and vegan sugar. Add applesauce, pumpkin, and spice. Mix well and add flour and soda. Fill muffin tins and bake for about 20-25 minutes.

The muffins don't rise much, so don't be shy about piling the batter in. These muffins are great warm, but keep for days. Most people don't believe me when I tell them these muffins are vegan, because they cook up so light and fluffy. Also, people are shocked to find they are made with 100% whole wheat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment