Monday, June 8, 2009

Django's

I recently went out to a new restaurant called Django's (the D is silent) in Mt. Crested Butte, Colorado.

They do an appetizer menu so you can sample a lot of their dishes. Most people order 3 to 5 dishes per person. The food was wonderful and affordable (for Crested Butte).

We spent just over $100 (without tip) for 6 dishes total, 2 Quartinos of Wine, desert and one after dinner drink. My favorite dish was "Date with Pig" - dates wrapped in prosciutto. They tasted like candy. My second favorite was the Butternut Squash and Mascrapone Ravioli - heaven! Everything we had was wonderful and the service was great as well.

We knew the bartender and he has been serving me drinks for the last 11 years - everything he recommended was excellent - even the Brussels Spouts, which I have never had before. Something else they do is offer wine in the Quartino, which is about 1 1/2 glasses. My husband and I were able to try 2 different types of wine. We could have tried another type but I wanted an after dinner drink. The waitress recommended both wines based on what we where having and they were excellent. I even asked to take a wine menu home so I know what I should buy next time I am at the liquor store.

This restaurant is locally owned and this is their first year in business. I know how hard it is for new restaurants but this restaurant has what it needs to make it, GREAT food, GREAT service, and GREAT atmosphere. Next time you are in Crested Butte - please check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment