Thursday, November 17, 2011

Awesome Easy Super Yummy Energy Bars

This past weekend I was looking for an easy, yummy and of course healthy energy bar recipe.  The energy bars or cereal bars or granola bars you buy at the grocery store are always loaded with sugar, chemicals, preservatives, and junk that I hate buying them and feeding them to my family. 

I found this awesome recipe and I wish it was mine but it was not.  This recipe is courtesy of Nuturing Naturally.  You can better believe that I will check out their website for other ideas.  Here is the best energy bar recipe every!  Just try and not eat the whole batch at once.

Energy Bars
1 C all natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt - nothing else)
1 C raw honey
1 C old-fashioned oats
1 C chopped dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, apricots, raisins, etc) (I used cranberries.)
1/2 C chopped walnuts
1/2 C chopped almonds

Combine peanut butter and honey in a pot and heat until runny.  Mix in oats, fruit and nuts.  Stir until well coated.  Line 9×9 inch pan with waxed paper.  Press into pan and let cool.  Cut into squares and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog through Tammy's blog. These bars sound yummy. I am planning to make them. I hope all is going well for your family. We are heading out to Olathe Sept. 15th for our brother/sister weekend. I can't wait!

    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete